From time to time you may need to add new shares to a limited company. This is something that we can help with through our ICAEW accredited company management system. Here’s how:
2. Select ‘My Companies’:
3. Select the company that you wish to add shares to (See the bottom of the post if the company is not on the system yet).
4. Ensure that the webfiling authentication code that we have for the company is correct by selecting the ‘Sync Data with Companies House’ link at the top of the page:
This will appear if the code is valid:
This will appear if the code is invalid (See here if you need help getting a new code):
5. Scroll down to the ‘Share Capital’ section and then click ‘Return of Allotment of Shares’:
6. Enter the number of shares that you wish to add and then select ‘Submit’:
The new share request will be sent to Companies House where it’s normally processed within just 3 hours. You’ll be notified via email once the application has been accepted.
File an Annual Return to let Companies House know about new shareholders
Be completing the online ‘Return of Allotment of Shares’ form, you are notifying Companies House of new shares being added to the company. You are not letting them know who is receiving these shares. To do this, you simply need to file an annual return. You can either wait until the annual return is due, or you can file an early one.
Adding a limited company to our system
Companies you form with us are automatically added to your account. This means you can log in and carry out various admin tasks – such as add shares – whenever you want. However, you can upload companies not formed by us onto the system too. Doing this is simple:
1. Once logged in to your account, select the ‘Import a company’ option.
2. Enter the company number and webfiling authentication code, then select ‘Import company’. The company will be uploaded immediately to the ‘My Companies’ area of your account.
If you have any questions about our company formation for professional services contact Michael on the following:
Telephone: 0203 772 2426
I hope you’ve found this post useful. Keep an eye on our blog for more Company Formation MadeSimple tips.