Company Finance

Most recent

Paying Yourself as a Director of an LTD

  As a limited company director, you are entitled to various benefits and perks. One of the most valuable perks is being in charge of your salary.

Managing Finances as a Small Business Owner: Taxes, Expenses, and Budgeting

    As a small business owner, managing your finances effectively is crucial for the success and growth of your venture. From taxes and expenses to budgeting, every financial decision you make can significantly impact your business's bottom line.

Inflation and Recession: how to make your small business survive.

  Times of economic uncertainty can be highly stressful for business owners. When the national economy is uncertain, the anxieties around it will translate to your daily business practices.

The Flat Rate VAT Scheme Explained

    If you are a business owner in the UK, you might be familiar with the concept of Value Added Tax (VAT). VAT is a tax on the value added to goods and services, as a business owner, you are required to register for VAT if your taxable turnover exceeds a certain threshold.

How do I let Companies House know that a Share Transfer has taken place?

The only way to notify Companies House about a change in your limited company’s shareholding situation is to file a confirmation statement. Whilst the J30 stock transfer form/s should be completed and kept when the transfers take place, the confirmation statement is the actual method used to let Companies House know about the change.

What is the “Return of Allotment of Shares”?

The “Return of Allotment of Shares” is the process of adding new shares into a company. For example, a company formed with 1 share can complete a “Return of Allotment of Shares” (also known as the SH01 form) and increase the number of shares to a new amount.

Startup Story with George Bevis, founder of Tide

In our latest interview we chat with George Bevis - founder of Tide, a business current account launched at the beginning of last year and counting 30,000+ members already - making it the fastest growing new B2B fintech in the UK ever.

The Budget – Key Points for Small Businesses

Yesterday’s Budget was particularly relevant for the small business world. Here we break down the key points that you need to be aware of:

Why Online Company Formation is the way to go if you are looking to register your business

Firstly, congratulations. You are now at a stage where your business idea is ready to become a reality.

The difficulty small businesses are facing accessing finance, and how iwoca is using technology and data to solve this problem

James Crowther owns one of Europe’s 20 million SMEs. Utilising his background in finance and fleet management, James’ vehicle brokerage business, Trade Vehicles Direct, finds clients the best deals on cars by sourcing direct from suppliers.

What is the Northern Powerhouse and how will it affect small businesses?

As a business owner it is important to know about wider issues - which may indirectly affect not just your venture but the business landscape in which you operate in. As a small business one of the most important skills that you will need to have is adaptability.

European Bank to invest in British businesses.. and more

After last week’s hiatus - looking at the VW crisis - The Week in Startups returns for your usual fix of all the latest news in the SME world. In another boost for small businesses a large European bank has agreed to invest in a very popular peer-to-peer platform.

Call us 0207 608 5500

Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Outside UK +442076085500
Your business essentials
Company Formation
Prepare for your business adventure
Virtual Office
Calls, packages, mail. Sorted
Company Search
Find what you need at the touch of a button
Create a professional website the simple way
Work Hub
Flexible London desk space for your business
Group contact details
Made Simple Group Ltd
Registered office:
20-22 Wenlock Road
N1 7GU
United Kingdom
Company number: 04214713
VAT number: GB820956327
Copyright © MadeSimple™