Changing the Accounting Reference Date: It’s not ARD!


changing the accounting reference dateIn fact it’s very simple! To change your accounting reference date (ARD) via our online admin portal:

• Login at Companies Made Simple
• Click the “My Companies” button
• Select the company for whom you wish to change the ARD for
• Next to “Accounting Reference Date” select “Change Date”
• Select the accounting period you are changing
• Enter the proposed new ARD
• Answer the following question “Are you extending the AR period more than once in 5 years?”
• Select “Send”

The request is then sent to Companies House where feedback is normally given within 3 working hours.

This post was brought to you by Mathew Aitken at
Companies Made Simple – The Simplest Company Formation Service

Keep up to date. Subscribe to our RSS


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.