All of our company registration packages come with digital share certificates for each shareholder in the company.
What is a Share Certificate?
The share certificate is a company document that outlines individual shareholder information including:
- The shareholder’s name
- Addresses of shareholders (the one provided to Companies House – not necessarily residential)
- The class of shares held (the types of share held, for example, ‘ordinary shares’)
- The number of shares held
Share certificates should be presented to shareholders; copies should also be kept for company records.
To download a Share Certificate (if we are your company formation agent)
- Login in at Companies Made Simple
2. Select “My Companies” and then click on the relevant company name
3. Scroll to the Shareholders area and then select “Download” (You may need to type in the shareholder’s address)
4. You can then view the document!
It’s worth noting that other company documents, such as the memorandum and articles, can be downloaded the same way – simply scroll to the appropriate part of the page once ‘My Companies’ has been clicked.
If the shareholding situation changes in a company, you can download new share certificates as soon as the change has been recognised by Companies House (a confirmation statement with new shareholder information has been filed and accepted).
Do you have any questions regarding this or anything else to do with private limited company formations? Leave a comment and we’ll be happy to help.
This post was by Mathew Aitken at MadeSimple – Find Mathew on Google+