Last Updated: 09/09/2014
Our DIY Annual Return service is very simple to use. However, just in case
you’ve purchased the service and are having problem, here’s a quick walkthrough:
2. On your dashboard you will see “Your Action is Required”, your company name, “AnnualReturn”, “INCOMPLETE” and “Continue”. Click “Continue”. Or, go to “My Companies” click on the company name, then click “File Annual Return”.
3. On the first page of the return, “Company Details”, click on “Sync Your Company” on the top-right corner of the screen. This simply populate the fields with information that Companies House currently have on their records
4. The next page is the “Capital” of the company.
5. The next page is the “Shareholding” information for the company.
6. The final page is the “Final Summary” where you simply check over all the information. If you are happy with the return simply select “Send Application” at the bottom of the page. The return will be sent to Companies House who will normally accept the return within 3 working hours. Email notification will be sent to you once accepted.
Some information for your company can be changed via the return, other information can’t.
Can Change via the Return
The company “Classification Code”: if the code displayed on the “Company Details” page is incorrect or blank, simply fill in the correct code.
Shareholders: if a share transfer has taken place, you can show this with the return. On the “Shareholdings” page hit “edit” next to the shareholder who you wish to transfer shares away from. Enter the amount of shares they now have. When back on the “Shareholdings” page hit “add new transfer”, now enter the amount of shares that have been transferred and the date that the transfer took place. To add the new shareholder, hit “add new shareholder” and enter the shareholders name, the amount of shares they hold and their address.
Can not change via the Return
The Registered Office: to change the registered office, navigate your way back to the company’s admin page and update the address. Once accepted, access the return again and hit “Sync Your Company”, the new address will now show.
Director / Secretary Information: to change any information regarding the director or secretary, be it the address, occupation, name or a complete change in personnel, navigate your way back to the company’s admin page and request the change via there. Once accepted access the return again and hit “Sync Your Company”, the new information will now show.
Capital: to increase the capital of the company, navigate your way back to the company’s admin page and request the change via the “return of allotment of shares” option. Once accepted access the return again and hit “Sync Your Company”, the new information will now show. To decrease the amount of shares, please contact Companies House.
This post was brought to you by Mathew Aitken at
Companies Made Simple – The Simplest Company Formation Service
Keep up to date. Subscribe to our RSS