I’ve spelt my shareholders name wrong! What shall I do?


annual returnLast Updated: 08/09/2014

Oh dear. Unlike a director or secretary appointment, an incorrect spelling for a shareholder can’t be changed with the CH01/CH03 (change of director/secretary details) form.

The only way to rectify this is the following 2-step process:

1) Transfer of Shares: To transfer the share/s held by the existing shareholder (incorrect name) to the new shareholder (correct name).

2) Annual Return: Notify Companies House of the transfer by filing an early annual return or wait until the annual return is due.

This post was brought to you by Mathew Aitken at Companies Made Simple

Keep up to date. Subscribe to our RSS